At NIO Cocktails we are great gin lovers and use only the best ones for our cocktails. Here there’s a list of our favourite 4 gin for our premium gin cocktails.
1. Tanqueray Gin.
First distilled in London in 1830 by Charles Tanqueray, this gin is now one of the most awarded in the world, and for good reason! Although its exact recipe is still a secret, we know that it is composed of 4 ingredients: juniper, coriander, angelica root and liquorice, which create a perfectly balanced mix. This classic London Dry Gin is ideal to be used in many cocktails. We at NIO Cocktails are such a fan of this gin that we use it for almost all our gin-based cocktails that are:
- Negroni: a sweet and sour cocktail that combines Tanqueray Gin, Vermouth Cocchi Storico, Campari and Angostura Aromatic Bitters.
- Gin Sour: the traditional cocktail that mixes Tanqueray, organic citric acid and liquid sugar Toschi for a perfect balance.
- Gin Proved: liqueur Bols Parfait Amour is added to gin Tanqueray, together with organic citric acid and liquid sugar Toschi for an exclusive version of this traditional cocktail.
- Gimlet: this iconic cocktail is a simple mix of Gin Tanqueray e Finest Call Cordial Lime for an unbeatable fresh and spicy flavour.
2. Gin Plymouth
Plymouth gin is one of the most famous gin in circulation and has a long and fascinating history behind it. It was first distilled in 1793 in the Black Friars Distillery, which is now the oldest working distillery in England. Produced with a high concentration of root, this gin has a very earthy flavor, unlike London Dry Gin. Rich and soft Plymouth has won many awards over the years and is a spirit that is frequently used in cocktails such as:
- Dry Gin Martini, which is composed by gin Plymouth, Vermouth e orange Bitter. The most curious thing is that when Dry Martini was invented, in 1896, its recipe specified the use of Plymouth Gin.
- Pink Gin, a funny cocktail composed only by Gin Plymouth and Angostura Bitters, which are ingredients which creates a perfect drink for dinners.
- French 75, a sophisticated cocktails which mixes Gin Plymouth, champagne, lemon juice and sugar to enjoy a sweet touch.
- Gin and Juice, a fruity cocktail. The rapper Snoop Dogg wrote a song for it. Its ingredientsa are Gin Plymouth with orange, grapefruit and lime juice.
3. Hendricks Gin
Probably the most famous gin brand around. Produced in Scotland in 1999 at the Girvan distillery, Gin Hendricks has an unusual flavor that mixes rose and cucumber along with 11 other herbs and is very refreshing, so it is the favorite gin by many. The cocktails for which Gin Hendricks is perfect are:
- The traditional Gin Tonic, simply composed by gin and soda to create a refreshing cocktail for summer.
- The delicious Cucumber Cooler that mixes: gin, lime juice, cucumber and soda for a summer and light cocktail.
- Raspberry Rose Royale that is a delicious fruity cocktail composed by gin Hendricks, raspberries, sugar and champagne.
- Chelsea Rose: a sweet combination of gin, elderberry liqueur, apple juice and raspberries
4. Sipsmith Gin
Bold and complex, Sipsmith is a great classic that contains a dozen herbs with juniper as its main aromatic note and hints of orange and lemon. Founded in 2009, Sipsmith immediately had a great success for its rich and soft gin and helped make this spirit so popular in the last period. Some cocktails for which Sipsmith gin is perfect are:
- London Dry Gin Spritz with: gin, lemon juice, prosecco e sugar syrup for a summer, sparkling and refreshing drink.
- Bramble, a captivating cocktail that mixes gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup crème de mûre and crushed ice.
- Warm and comfortable Hot Gin and Tonic simply combines gin and hot soda and its perfect for colder nights.
- Sweet Martinez which combines: gin, vermouth, maraschino liqueur and bitter.
Keep following us to stay up to date and learn more about the world of mixology.