The temperatures are gradually increasing, the sky is so blue and dazzles the view, the heavy gray of a difficult winter seems now a distant memory. Trees are now in bloom and the scents pinches and caresses the smell; everybody feels the desire for a small cocktail party in the garden, terrace or wherever you prefer.
An intimate cocktail party is already the best even in two: it is the turning point for the desire to feel good and celebrate with the right drink (the high quality one), obviously accompanied by a menu that satisfies all palates.
From a small meat or fish barbecue to a happy hour full of appetizers through sushi, planning a perfect soirée outdoors may not seem easy. We have 6 tips to organize your perfect garden party with your friends.
1. Ice on first
The first thing to do is make sure to have the right amount of ice to put into the NIO Cocktails that will be tasted during the party. Remember NIO is Needs Ice Only, so make sure you have plenty on hand!
2. A theme for your table
We set up a well-kept and welcoming setting, which makes our guests dream. The choice of a theme is crucial to create a beautiful table. The perfect setup: it brings back the good mood, makes us fantasize about the future and allows us to dare with colors, decorations and flavors. We can abound with warm tones, create air ticket style placecards and light up the garden with the classic Moroccan-inspired metal lanterns or paper lanterns in Oriental style. The result? We get that extra touch of romance that’s always good.
3. The flower centrepieces
What better way to greet spring than with fragrant and colorful flower centrepieces? We can use the flowers that bloom in our garden, cut them off just before the party and abound with small jars to distribute well along the table.
4. A simple menu
- Italian Menu: a platter of cheese and cold cuts is always chic but simple and always really appreciated: you can quickly prepare it in advance and it’s easy to match with drinks?
- Barbecue vibes: Quick cuts of meat to cook are the solution. From the beloved thick steaks for the most greedy to the chicken breasts for those on a diet, it’s important to prepare a good marinade and respect cooking times.
- Fish and shellfish are a more elegant option to enjoy; you can lightly sear them on the charcoal or offer as a delicious and refined tartare. A drizzle of oil and a sprinkling of lemon as a basic dressing, and you can add your favourite spices and sauces to finish.
- The ultimate in chic comfort? A good sushi offered perfectly fresh, ordered from your favourite Japanese restaurant or homemade with super fresh fish.
- Vegetarian Menu the classic pinzimonio vegetables accompanied by cubes of savoury cake (ricotta cheese and spinach, to mention the most popular), an omelette with herbs and ricotta cheese in finger food style, a rich rice salad or a cold pasta with products from the garden, obviously fresh in season, will conquer even the most demanding palates.
- Vegan Menu: a warm rosemary focaccia, a head of seasonal vegetables, a grilled avocado stuffed with cherry tomatoes and a homemade hummus will make the difference and will please everyone.
5.The solution for any weather change